Thursday, April 02, 2020
image
Editor's Pick, News

Four Shops gutted in Kohima fire

6103
By Our Correspondent Updated: Dec 19, 2019 1:07 am
A A A

Our Correspondent

Kohima, Dec. 12 (EMN): Four shops located adjacent to Big Bite café at Jail Colony in Kohima caught fire—suspected to be caused by an electrical short-circuit—on the night of December 11.

The officer-in-charge of South Fire station, Kohima informed Eastern Mirror that they received a call informing about the fire at around 9.52 pm; and three fire tenders with 18 firefighters were dispatched to the spot.

According to the officer, it took the firefighters about 40 minutes to douse the flame.  

Properties worth INR 40 lakh (approximate) were reported to have been destroyed. No casualty or injuries were reported.  

According to the local residents who witnessed the incident, the timely response and intervention from the fire personnel could prevent the fire from spreading further.

6103
By Our Correspondent Updated: Dec 19, 2019 1:07:32 am