Nagaland ad hoc teachers continue indefinite sit-in in Kohima, warn of hunger strike resumption over delay in service regularisation.
Share

KOHIMA — The All Nagaland Ad hoc Teachers’ Group (ANATG), batch 2015, on Monday decided to continue its peaceful sit-in indefinitely and warned that the agitation may intensify unless a definite timeframe for service regularisation is assured in letter and spirit.
The decision was taken during a general meeting held on the tenth day of its protest outside the Directorate of School Education, Kohima. The group said that the decision was in response to the department of School Education’s statement on Friday that it would not be in a position to give a specific date for service regularisation as demanded by the ANATG.
-1771244929407.jpg&w=1200&q=75)
During a “threadbare” discussion, the group unanimously resolved to continue the agitation.
A core committee member told media persons that the teachers have been waiting since December 2023 and consider the wait more than sufficient.
He added that they would not concede to any form of negotiation but seek regularisation at the earliest possible time.
WATCH MORE:
Some members stated that until a regularisation order is handed over, they will not return from the protest site, he said.
In the event the government does not provide a specific timeframe, the group said it would intensify the agitation by means of a hunger strike.

Providing an update on a member who was taken to the Naga Hospital Authority Kohima on Friday after health issues arising from a hunger strike, the core committee member said he was discharged but did not recover fully. Family members later took him home, where he is currently receiving medical advice and attention.
The ANATG began its protest in the state capital on February 4 and had earlier held two days of hunger strike, which was called off after receiving communication from the government.