Four accused have surrendered while three remain absconding in the Vikuho village GB abduction case involving Kiyeto Zhimomi, Dimapur Police said.
Share
DIMAPUR — Three accused—Vicca Chophy, Issak Rochill and Khuluto—remain absconding in connection with the January 19 abduction of Kiyeto Zhimomi, alias Kits Zhimomi, head GB of Vikuho village.
The Ceasefire Monitoring Group (CFMG) and Ceasefire Supervisory Board (CFSB) had identified seven cadres of NSCN/GPRN (Khango-Vusshe) as the prime accused in the abduction and assault case.
Speaking to the Deputy Commissioner of Police (Crime) and PRO Dimapur Police, the official said that four accused—H Kiba, Lovito Yeptho, Viniho Kiho and Hukhevi Yeptho—have surrendered so far, while three accused remain at large.
Related: Vikuho village Head GB abducted, alleges assault and extortion by NSCN (K) faction
CFMG directs NSCN/GPRN (Khango-Vusshe) to hand over cadres involved in GB's abduction
When asked whether the absconding accused were hiding in another district, she said that intelligence inputs had been activated across locations and efforts were underway to trace their whereabouts.
She added that further details could be shared only after the arrests are made, as the investigation is still ongoing, but assured that authorities are on the right track.
It may be noted that the CFMG/CFSB chairman had issued an order on January 22 stating that a criminal case was registered at Diphupar Police Station, Chümoukedima, under multiple sections of the Bharatiya Nyaya Sanhita and the Nagaland Security Regulations.
The order also stated that non-bailable arrest warrants were issued against all seven accused.