Loading...
You are here:  Home  >  News  >  Region  >  Current Article

Worker electrocuted during installation of electric poles in Arunachal village

By   /  May 16, 2018  /  Comments Off on Worker electrocuted during installation of electric poles in Arunachal village

    Print       Email

Itanagar, May 16 (PTI): A worker of Arunachal Pradesh power department has died of electrocution while installing new electric poles near Borduria village, 8 km from Khonsa, the headquarters of Tirap district.

The deceased, a casault worker, identified as Wangkho alias Akho Wangsa, a native of Pongchau village under Longding district, came in contact with live wire while installing new poles and died on the spot yesterday, an official release said here today.

Three other casual workers of the departments Khonsa division sustained severe injuries in the incident.

The injured have been sent to the Assam Medical College & Hospital, Dibrugarh for treatment.

Chief Minister Pema Khandu has expressed shock and grief over death of the worker.

While extending condolences to the bereaved family members, Khandu today announced ex-gratia relief to the next of kin as per the laid down norms.

He also wished speedy recovery of the injured.

Meanwhile, the chief minister cautioned officials and workers engaged in maintenance and construction of high voltage power lines to maintain extreme caution so that such unfortunate incidents do not reoccur.

    Print       Email
  • Published: 5 months ago on May 16, 2018
  • By:
  • Last Modified: May 16, 2018 @ 11:08 pm
  • Filed Under: Region

About the author

You might also like...

Manipur governor urges legislators to promote SC and ST welfare schemes

Read More →