You are here:  Home  >  News  >  Nagaland  >  Current Article

Two suspects in police custody

By   /  June 13, 2018  /  Comments Off on Two suspects in police custody

    Print       Email

Dimapur Triple murder Case

Eastern Mirror Desk
Dimapur, June 12: In a major breakthrough into the triple murder incident that took place on June 4, the Dimapur police on Tuesday apprehended the two accused persons from separate places with the help of Karbi Anglong Superintendent of Police and Manja police station Officer-in charge.
According to the Additional Deputy Commissioner of (Dimapur) Police (Crime) Yanrenthung Lotha, the duo has confessed to the crime committed. The two accused have been identified as Waisong Engti also known as Bimol Sing (18 years) son of late Lee Engti from Biren Teron village in Diphu Karbi Anglong and Aron Rongphi (19 years) son of Mensing Rongpi from Shigari Timong village in Diphu, Karbi Anglong.
He informed that the Special Investigation Team (SIT) constituted by the Commissioner of Police Dimapur, led by Lotha left for a place called 10th Mile with the help of Manja police and proceeded to Shigari Timong village where the first accused Aron Rongpi was arrested at around 1.20 pm on June 12 and brought to Manja Police station. The second accused was apprehended from Biren Teron village. Both the accused were brought to Dimapur East Police station at around 7.30 pm on Tuesday.
The motive behind the gruesome murder is yet to be disclosed by the two accused, said the ADCP (Crime). Lotha said it was a difficult task for the Dimapur Police to start the investigation as the employers had no particulars or details about the two accused persons; and they did not own mobile phones to help the police track.
Taking into consideration the seriousness of the case, the SIT depended on ‘random information and identification’ through their friends and could locate their whereabouts, said Lotha.
Citing ‘brief interrogation’ of the two accused persons, the police said the duo escaped through the window of the hotel after committing the murder and boarded a train at 5 am on June 4; and reached Diphu at 7 am from where both parted ways towards their respective home.
The Dimapur police have also extended their gratitude towards the Karbi Anglong SP and Manja Police station OC for their ‘relentless help provided’ towards nabbing the two accused persons within nine days of committing the crime.
It may be recalled that on June 4, three boys in their teens identified as Tateutui Newme from Nchan village in Peren, Tia Sangtam from Tethuze village in Kiphire; and Hori Teron from Gaitor village, Assam who were employed at a hotel were found murdered inside a room at KS Wotsami Complex in Dimapur.

    Print       Email

You might also like...

Message on TB Day: Tuberculosis is curable

Read More →
%d bloggers like this: