Dimapur, Sep. 16 (EMN): In view of the 2nd session of the 13th Nagaland Legislative Assembly scheduled to be held on Sep. 18 and the 20th, the addl. superintendent of Police, Kohima has issued the the following traffic regulations to be enforced as part of the security arrangement.
- Only vehicles with the following car passes will be allowed entry to the Assembly Secretariat – ‘A’ (red letter with yellow background), ‘B’ (white letter with dark brown background), assembly logo, ‘LH’ (white with green background), ‘O’ (white letter with green background), and on assembly duty (blue letter with white background).
- No vehicle will be allowed to be parked by the roadside from 6 am onwards during Assembly Sessions at the following routes;
- From BSNL Telephone Exchange till Classic Island.
- From Raj Bhavan till MS Classic Island.
- From Classic Island till Assembly Secretariat via Razhü Point.
- The stretch from High School junction to Assembly Secretariat via Sanuoru subway will be open for light vehicles, only for down traffic. All up vehicles will continue to take the Billy Graham road.
- Heavy vehicles will not be allowed to ply from High School Junction to Assembly Secretariat via Sanuoru subway. All heavy vehicles including govt. department buses shall take Tinpatti-DBS-Billy Graham-Secretariat road.
- Heavy vehicles will not be allowed to ply in Kohima town during Assembly Session, from 6 am till the session is over. All loading and unloading of goods in Kohima town should be completed by 6 am during Assembly Session.
- Heavy vehicles will not be allowed to be parked along ‘D’ Block road.
“While anticipating positive co-operation from the public, the police will tow away the defaulting vehicles and the charges will be borne by the vehicles owners,” the notification stated.