Dimapur, Sep. 16 (EMN): The member secretary of the Nagaland Pollution Control Board, Rusovil John, who is also the state nodal officer of the National Green Corps Programme has informed all the Eco clubs in Nagaland to carry out activities and submit reports of the same to the State Nodal Agency i.e. Nagaland Pollution Control Board via email firstname.lastname@example.org or 8974511226 (Whatsapp).
The directive has been given as per notification received from the Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation and the Ministry of Environment, Forests & Climate Change, Government of India to observe the Swachhta Hi Seva Campaign 2018 from 15th Sep. 15 to Oct. 2, which aims at ‘realising the vision of a Clean India and further reinforcing that sanitation is everyone’s business.’
A suggestive list of activities furnished by the Ministry as follows:
- Organize cleaning of streets, drains and back alleys through awareness drives.
- Organize waste collection drives in households and common or shared spaces.
- Conduct door-to-door meetings to drive behaviour change with respect to sanitation behaviours.
- Organize awareness campaigns around better sanitation practices like using a toilet, hand-washing, health and hygiene awareness, etc.
- Perform ‘swachhata’ related ‘Nukkad Nataks’ /street plays, folk song and dance performances .
- Make wall paintings in the premises of Industrial estate on the theme of ‘swachhata.’
- Undertake village level rallies for generating awareness about ‘swachhata.’
- Volunteer for segregation of solid waste into non-biodegradable and biodegradable waste.
- Building compost pits during the SHS fortnight.
- Toilet pit-digging exercise and other toilet construction activities.