Loading...
You are here:  Home  >  News  >  Nation  >  Current Article

Congress stages walkout after govt. accuses it of misleading people on Rafale

By   /  February 12, 2019  /  Comments Off on Congress stages walkout after govt. accuses it of misleading people on Rafale

    Print       Email

New Delhi, Feb. 12 (IANS): The Congress on Tuesday staged a walkout from the Lok Sabha after the government rejected its demand for a Joint Parliamentary Committee (JPC) probe into the Rafale fighter jet deal and accused the opposition party of “misleading” people on the issue.
Raising the demand during Zero Hour, Congress leader Mallikarjun Kharge said that if the Prime Minister has nothing to hide, he should come forth and constitute a JPC for a detailed inquiry into the deal.
“The Prime Minister does not have the courage. You constitute a JPC, we will prove the misdeeds in the deal,” he said.

The senior Congress leader also demanded a discussion on the issue to which Speaker Sumitra Mahajan said that it had been debated in the House.
Accusing the government of leaking the CAG report on defence, Kharge said that it was tabled in the Rajya Sabha but not in the Lok Sabha.

His charge was rejected by the Speaker, who said the reports were indeed tabled before the Lok Sabha — an apparent reference to Minister of State P Radhakrishnan tabling CAG reports, including one on the defence services.
Responding to Kharge’s charges, Home Minister Rajnath Singh accused the Congress of misleading people by repeatedly raking up the Rafale fighter jet deal issue.

“The issue has been discussed in detail in the House and the Supreme Court has also put the matter to rest. The Congress has been raking it up every now and then. But the truth will remain,” he said.
“Politics is not done by misleading people. A person should have the guts to speak the truth,” Singh added.

    Print       Email
  • Published: 4 days ago on February 12, 2019
  • By:
  • Last Modified: February 12, 2019 @ 10:35 pm
  • Filed Under: Nation

You might also like...

Pulwama terror attack: Death count reaches 49 on Friday

Read More →
%d bloggers like this: