Eastern Mirror Desk
Dimapur, Nov. 8: In a delayed report, 23 houses were reduced to ashes in a fire that broke out at ward 4 in Chumukedima on Nov. 7.
The officer in-charge of Chumukedima Fire department, T Shilu Jamir, informed Eastern Mirror that the “exact time” when the fire broke out could not be ascertained. He informed that the department received information about the fire after 10 pm.
It was suspected that the fire could have been caused from the bursting of firecrackers during the celebration of Diwali. According to Jamir, the fire was brought under control at around 1 am. There were no reports of casualties.